Recording the condition of objects in your collection is a fundamental aspect of successful collection management practice. Whether it be for transportation, conservation, storage, loans for exhibition, or insurance purposes, the ability to maintain a comprehensive record and any accompanying documentation is essential. To add a condition report, follow these instructions.
Add a Condition Report
1. Click in to the object you wish to record a condition report for.
2. Once you are on the object page, click the red Actions button in the top right hand corner, then choose Conservation from the Actions menu.
3. Fill in the fields provided, such as Examined by, Report Date, Condition Status and any Comments you may have.
4. Save the report by clicking Save and Return or Save and Continue;
- Save and Return will return you to the object page where the information you have entered will be displayed under Condition Report in the Additional Details section if the object page;
- Save and Continue will take you on to the Conservation page where you can continue to add additional details, documentation and images.
Managing Condition Reports
From the report page you can update or edit the information, and export the information as a PDF or Word document which you can share with any interested party. To do this: click on the Export button in the top right corner of the screen and click on Export as PDF or Export as Word Document. If you wish to delete the report simply click on the Delete button in the top right hand corner.
View all Condition Reports
A full list of reports can be accessed by clicking on Activities in the left hand menu panel. Once on the Activities page click on the Filter button in the top left hand corner of the page.
Once the filter options are displayed on the left hand side of the screen, click on Conservation.