Custom Fields enable you to record your collection information in fields that we have not necessarily provided as standard. You can create up to 15 Custom Fields which will be displayed on Object pages and can be included in your report templates. Custom Fields are created and managed via the Configurable Fields tab found in Settings.
Creating Custom Fields
1. Start by clicking on the Settings icon in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
2. Go to the Configurable Fields tab, then scroll down to the bottom of the page until you reach the section called Add Custom Object Fields.
3. Click the red Add Field button and enter the the name of your new field.
4. Make sure to tick the box Is Visible so your new field will be displayed on the object page, then finish by hitting Save.
Using Custom Fields
Once you have created your Custom Field (and made it visible) it will be displayed on the object page ready for you to update with information. To do this you will need to go to the object you wish to update – once you are there:
1. Scroll down the object page until you reach the More section, then click +Configurable Fields.
2. Update the field with your information and finish by hitting Save.
The text that you have entered will then displayed under Configurable Fields on the object page.
Managing Custom Fields
If you you want to either edit the name of a custom field or delete it, hover your cursor over the name and either click on the edit or delete icon respectively.
- Be aware that it is not possible to delete a custom field that contains information entered on an object page. In order to delete a custom field, they must be cleared of all text first.