Using the Self-Service Importer is a great way to quickly add a large number of new objects to your account in one go - rather than entering them all individually.
1. Start by clicking on the Settings icon in the bottom left hand corner of your screen;
- This will automatically open on the Account page.
2. Scroll down the Account page until you reach the Import Your Collection section - click on the grey Import Collection button;
- This will produce a pop-up window where you will be able to download the import template, or if you have already filled in a template, start uploading your new collection data.
3. Click on the Download Template button;
- The template will automatically appear in your device’s Downloads folder.
4. Open the template and begin filling it out with object information. Once you are done, save and close the template ready to upload.
5. Return to import window and click on the red Next button.
6. Either drag and drop the new template into the upload window or click to select from your device. Once you have uploaded the template, click Next.
- If you have images and/or attachments to import you will be prompted to upload each zip file respectively.
If you have images and/or attachments to import - they must be uploaded as zip files:
- there should be no folders in the zip file;
- the zip file should not exceed 2GB in size;
- valid images include: .png, .tiff, .jpg, and .jpeg;
- valid attachments include: .pdf, .doc, docx, .dot, .dotx, .txt, .rtf;
- In order for the images and attachments to upload successfully their filenames must match those listed in your template.
For more help on how to create a zip file see How to create a zip file
7. Once your objects have been successfully imported, click Done.
8. To view your newly imported objects, click on Group in the left hand menu panel. Scroll down to Uncategorized groups and then click on Imported Objects;
- The group name will always have the prefix Imported Objects, followed by the date and time the import was completed;
- You will also receive an email notifying you that the import was a success, and a link to view your new objects.