Customise an Excel Export Template
1. Start by selecting individual objects to include in your report by clicking the checkmark next to the Object title, or use the Select All button at the top of the page.
- Checkmarks will turn red to indicate which Objects have been selected.
- N.B. It is only possible to access the reports module if objects are selected.
2. Having made your selection click on the red Actions button in the top right hand corner of the page. Then click Report/Export at the top of the the Actions menu.
3. The report module is split into two tabs: Report and Export. Click on the Export tab which will reveal a list of available templates for you to select from, and the ability to create and customise new templates.
- See here to learn How to Generate an Excel Export.
4. Click on + Export towards the bottom of the list to begin.
5. Presented with a blank template, now you are ready to build and customise your new excel export template.
- Start by adding a template title (required) in the top left hand corner of the page - so you can recognise it for future use.
- Then click on + Please add at least one attribute to search and add fields to include in the template.
6. Once you are satisfied with your selection of fields you can then set the Order and Suborder of objects as they should appear in the final Excel Export. You can also choose to include or export Images and attachments by checking the boxes for:
- Include cover image thumbnail (these will appear in the excel)
- Export object images
- Export object attachments
N.B. if you select Export images and/or attachments, they will be downloaded in a separate .zp folder to the excel export. The filename for your images and attachments will be referenced in the the excel export for each object accordingly.
7. Finally, hit Save and Run and watch the progress of your export generation in at the bottom centre of your screen. Once completed the export will be found in your downloads folder.
Export Template Actions
When it comes to creating and customising your excel export templates, it is not always necessary to start from scratch. In fact, it is possible to duplicate or edit existing templates to suit your requirements. Also, if there is a template you no longer want included as an option, you can delete it.
To do this, hover your cursor over the template option and click on Actions to the right which will produce a drop down menu. The options available to you are Edit, Duplicate, and Delete Report